- When the Reckoning Comes by LaTanya McQueen (★★★☆☆)
- The Justice of Kings by Richard Swan (★★★★☆)
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer (★★★★☆)
- Sundial by Catriona Ward (★★★★☆)
MONTHLY TOTAL: 4
YEARLY SO FAR: 17
Not too many books this month, but the number is deceptive, because I DNF’d FIVE whole books in April. Granted, I thankfully didn’t make it super far into any of them, but still, that was a lot of time spent reading that amounted to nothing. But hey, I tried, and I ended up clearing a few books off my shelves, so that’s always a win. I also spent most of my time this month watching television, which was a nice change of pace!
Continue reading “Monthly Wrap-Up: April 2022”
- Eight Will Fall by Sarah Harian (★★★★☆)
- Yinka Where Is Your Huzband by Lizzie Damilola Blackburn (★★★★☆)
- Lodestone by Katherine Forrister (★★☆☆☆)
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson (★★★★★)
- Kaikeyi by Vaishnavi Patel (★★★☆☆)
- If An Egyptian Cannot Speak English by Noor Naga (★★★★★)
MONTHLY TOTAL: 6
YEARLY SO FAR: 13
I had a very good reading month! I read quite a bit if you consider page count, and I think I found two favorite books of the year.
Continue reading “Monthly Wrap-Up: March 2022”
- Servant Mage by Kate Elliott (★★★☆☆)
- Dead Silence by S.A. Barnes (★★★☆☆)
MONTHLY TOTAL: 2
YEARLY SO FAR: 7
Two!! I read only two books this month, and one of them was a novella! In my defense, for most of February I was in Egypt, hanging out with family and generally vacationing, and I’ve never been very good at reading whilst on vacation. I also spent a while trying to get through OUR WIVES UNDER THE SEA but ended up DNF’ing it nearly halfway through because I was bored.
Continue reading “Monthly Wrap-Up: February 2022”
- Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao (★★★★★)
- World War Z by Max Brooks (★★★★☆)
- Juniper and Thorn by Ava Reid (★★★★★)
- Fiona and Jane by Jean Chen Ho (★★☆☆☆)
- Hana Khan Carries On by Uzma Jalaluddin (★★★★☆)
MONTHLY TOTAL: 5
YEARLY SO FAR: 5
An okay start to the reading year in terms of numbers, though I’m already four books behind on my Goodreads challenge, alas. But I read some great books, which is all that matters.
Continue reading “Monthly Wrap-Up: January 2022”
- The Hollow Places by T. Kingfisher (★★★★☆)
- How the Word is Passed by Clint Smith (★★★★★)
- Detransition Baby by Torrey Peters (★★★★☆)
- Upright Women Wanted by Sarah Gailey (★★★☆☆)
MONTHLY TOTAL: 4
YEARLY SO FAR: 92
So, I read (1) more book than I had planned, and that book was a novella, so there’s not much to write home about there, but I think it was still a good reading month! I enjoyed all these books, no duds, and three of them are books that have been on my TBR for a long time.
Continue reading “Monthly Wrap-Up: December 2021”