For 2020 I made a 20 Things to Do in 2020 list, and I actually didn’t do too bad on the things that I had any sort of control over. But considering the only thing we know about how 2021 is going to shake out is that we’re probably gonna still be quarantining for at least half the year, I thought I’d keep my goals modest and stick to a small number of bookish resolutions rather than an expansive 21 Things to Do list.
Before I post any goals or bookish resolutions for 2020, I should probably revisit my 2019 bookish goals and see how I did. Continue reading “2019 Reading Resolutions Update!”
Before I post my 2019 bookish resolutions, let’s check on how I did on my resolutions for 2018.
1. Read at least 70 books. Success! This year I have read 90 books. I’ll probably finish a couple more before the year is out.
2. Read more outside my preferred genre. Success! Major success! To the point where I think for next year I want to read more fantasy than anything else because I really miss it. But I’ve explored almost every genre/category outside fantasy: literary, historical , romance, erotica, women’s fiction, contemporary, and classics! It’s been an interesting year; I’ve definitely read a ton of books that I normally wouldn’t have touched with a ten-foot pole. But I got some of my favorite reads of the year out them, so there you go.
3. Read more non-fiction! Fail. Major fail. I think I read 4? Ever since I started blogging I just don’t read as much non-fiction as I used to. I don’t know why, but I really, really want to change this; I very much enjoy reading non-fiction! So this goal will be one I carry with me into the new year.
4. Read one book in Arabic. Fail. I mean, I certainly purchased Arabic books, but…I did not manage to read one. I think I will be putting this particular goal on the back burner just because I don’t know if I will ind the time and effort to struggle through an Arabic-language book.
5. Don’t be afraid to re-read! Fail. Major fail! I didn’t reread at all this year. I think I’ll do better at this in 2019, though it probably won’t be an explicit resolution.
So, ultimately, that’s two goals out of five, which is fine, though hopefully I shall do better next year!