Before I post any goals or bookish resolutions for 2020, I should probably revisit my 2019 bookish goals and see how I did. Continue reading “2019 Reading Resolutions Update!”
Tag: 2019 reading resolutions
2018 Reading Resolutions Update!
Before I post my 2019 bookish resolutions, let’s check on how I did on my resolutions for 2018.
1. Read at least 70 books. Success! This year I have read 90 books. I’ll probably finish a couple more before the year is out.
2. Read more outside my preferred genre. Success! Major success! To the point where I think for next year I want to read more fantasy than anything else because I really miss it. But I’ve explored almost every genre/category outside fantasy: literary, historical , romance, erotica, women’s fiction, contemporary, and classics! It’s been an interesting year; I’ve definitely read a ton of books that I normally wouldn’t have touched with a ten-foot pole. But I got some of my favorite reads of the year out them, so there you go.
3. Read more non-fiction! Fail. Major fail. I think I read 4? Ever since I started blogging I just don’t read as much non-fiction as I used to. I don’t know why, but I really, really want to change this; I very much enjoy reading non-fiction! So this goal will be one I carry with me into the new year.
4. Read one book in Arabic. Fail. I mean, I certainly purchased Arabic books, but…I did not manage to read one. I think I will be putting this particular goal on the back burner just because I don’t know if I will ind the time and effort to struggle through an Arabic-language book.
5. Don’t be afraid to re-read! Fail. Major fail! I didn’t reread at all this year. I think I’ll do better at this in 2019, though it probably won’t be an explicit resolution.
So, ultimately, that’s two goals out of five, which is fine, though hopefully I shall do better next year!