- Eight Will Fall by Sarah Harian (★★★★☆)
- Yinka Where Is Your Huzband by Lizzie Damilola Blackburn (★★★★☆)
- Lodestone by Katherine Forrister (★★☆☆☆)
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson (★★★★★)
- Kaikeyi by Vaishnavi Patel (★★★☆☆)
- If An Egyptian Cannot Speak English by Noor Naga (★★★★★)
MONTHLY TOTAL: 6
YEARLY SO FAR: 13
I had a very good reading month! I read quite a bit if you consider page count, and I think I found two favorite books of the year.
Continue reading “Monthly Wrap-Up: March 2022” →
Why are there so many great sounding adult fantasy series in the world, and why I have read so, so few of them? I am constantly attempting to rectify this personal failing, and yet I keep making lengthy TBRs and not adhering to any of them. Alas.
Anyway, there are three factors that make this list significant (to me, anyhow):
- I own a physical copy or an ebook of the first novel in all of these series.
- These are all completed series, so the potential to binge is there.
- They are all relatively underhyped, some more so than others for sure, but generally, they are not fantasy series I hear a lot about on Booktube or Twitter or the book blogosphere, or they happen to be older fantasy series.
God knows, I’m not committing to reading all of these in their entirety. I’m extremely picky about my fantasy series, because I’m not about to commit to thousands of pages unless I’m well and truly invested. I am, however, committing to giving the first book in each of these series a try.
Let’s get into the books!
Continue reading “13 Underhyped Adult Fantasy Series I Want to Read” →
- Servant Mage by Kate Elliott (★★★☆☆)
- Dead Silence by S.A. Barnes (★★★☆☆)
MONTHLY TOTAL: 2
YEARLY SO FAR: 7
Two!! I read only two books this month, and one of them was a novella! In my defense, for most of February I was in Egypt, hanging out with family and generally vacationing, and I’ve never been very good at reading whilst on vacation. I also spent a while trying to get through OUR WIVES UNDER THE SEA but ended up DNF’ing it nearly halfway through because I was bored.
Continue reading “Monthly Wrap-Up: February 2022” →
As always, I’m out here making TBRs even though my reading seems to keep decreasing drastically (I’ve only read one book thus far in February dlkjalfkhla), but hey, list making for its own sake is fun too…here’s a list of some authors I’d like to read more of this year. The heading is a bit of a misnomer, as for a few of these authors I’ve never actually read anything by them, so “more” is a bit inaccurate, but we’ll roll with it.
Continue reading “10 Authors to Read More of in 2022” →
- Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao (★★★★★)
- World War Z by Max Brooks (★★★★☆)
- Juniper and Thorn by Ava Reid (★★★★★)
- Fiona and Jane by Jean Chen Ho (★★☆☆☆)
- Hana Khan Carries On by Uzma Jalaluddin (★★★★☆)
MONTHLY TOTAL: 5
YEARLY SO FAR: 5
An okay start to the reading year in terms of numbers, though I’m already four books behind on my Goodreads challenge, alas. But I read some great books, which is all that matters.
Continue reading “Monthly Wrap-Up: January 2022” →