- The Wonder by Emma Donoghue
- What Moves the Dead by T. Kingfisher
- You Made a Fool of Death With Your Beauty by Akwaeke Emezi
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- The Ones We Burn by Rebecca Mix
MONTHLY TOTAL: 5
YEARLY SO FAR: 22
Yeah, it’s been a minute, and I’m sticking May, June, July, and August into one post. More on that later.
Continue reading “Wrap-Up: Summer 2022”
If you missed Part 1 of this post, check it out. As usual, I try to be circumspect, but my Goodreads 2022 releases list has 153 books on it in total, so there’s more books on here than I would like, even though I am trying hard to limit to my absolute most anticipated books! Also, as an fyi, some of these books have actually already been released, which isn’t how these posts of mine usually go, but due to the way I structured it this year, that’s what’s happening. Which is fine. They all come out in 2022, which is all that matters.
Continue reading “Anticipated 2022 Releases (Part II)”
- When the Reckoning Comes by LaTanya McQueen (★★★☆☆)
- The Justice of Kings by Richard Swan (★★★★☆)
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer (★★★★☆)
- Sundial by Catriona Ward (★★★★☆)
MONTHLY TOTAL: 4
YEARLY SO FAR: 17
Not too many books this month, but the number is deceptive, because I DNF’d FIVE whole books in April. Granted, I thankfully didn’t make it super far into any of them, but still, that was a lot of time spent reading that amounted to nothing. But hey, I tried, and I ended up clearing a few books off my shelves, so that’s always a win. I also spent most of my time this month watching television, which was a nice change of pace!
Continue reading “Monthly Wrap-Up: April 2022”
- Eight Will Fall by Sarah Harian (★★★★☆)
- Yinka Where Is Your Huzband by Lizzie Damilola Blackburn (★★★★☆)
- Lodestone by Katherine Forrister (★★☆☆☆)
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson (★★★★★)
- Kaikeyi by Vaishnavi Patel (★★★☆☆)
- If An Egyptian Cannot Speak English by Noor Naga (★★★★★)
MONTHLY TOTAL: 6
YEARLY SO FAR: 13
I had a very good reading month! I read quite a bit if you consider page count, and I think I found two favorite books of the year.
Continue reading “Monthly Wrap-Up: March 2022”
Why are there so many great sounding adult fantasy series in the world, and why I have read so, so few of them? I am constantly attempting to rectify this personal failing, and yet I keep making lengthy TBRs and not adhering to any of them. Alas.
Anyway, there are three factors that make this list significant (to me, anyhow):
- I own a physical copy or an ebook of the first novel in all of these series.
- These are all completed series, so the potential to binge is there.
- They are all relatively underhyped, some more so than others for sure, but generally, they are not fantasy series I hear a lot about on Booktube or Twitter or the book blogosphere, or they happen to be older fantasy series.
God knows, I’m not committing to reading all of these in their entirety. I’m extremely picky about my fantasy series, because I’m not about to commit to thousands of pages unless I’m well and truly invested. I am, however, committing to giving the first book in each of these series a try.
Let’s get into the books!
Continue reading “13 Underhyped Adult Fantasy Series I Want to Read”