I haven’t done anything that’s not a book review in a while, so here, have a book tag! I found it on Thrice Reads. Ping back to me if you decide to do this!
Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
- I wish! One of the reasons I don’t like reading at home is because I can never get comfortable. We don’t really have a living room in my house, so we don’t have chairs or sofas that I can curl up in. So I usually either end up contorted on my bed in a weird and uncomfortable position or sitting in my desk chair, which would be fine if I didn’t have such terrible lighting in my room.
Bookmark or random piece of paper?
- BOOKMARKS. I love bookmarks so much. I delight in having multiple bookmarks with various types of designs and styles.
Can you stop reading anytime you want or do you have to stop reading at a certain page, chapter, part ect.?
- Any time! I mean, I can’t deny that I get a thrill of satisfaction if I stop reading at the end of a chapter just as my subway stop arrives, but generally I’m not too picky about it.
Do you eat or drink while you read?
- I don’t usually eat when I read; if I do, it means the book is so good I can’t put it down. This rarely happens (the last book to hold this honor was Alison Goodman’s The Dark Days Club). Drinking, sometimes! I like to have tea with my books for The Aesthetic.
Can you read while listening to music/watching TV?
- Definitely not TV, and as for music, I could, but I’d prefer not to. I’ll get distracted. I can’t even write while listening to music that isn’t instrumental ( and even then, sometimes I’ll turn it off so I can concentrate).
One book at a time or several at once?
- It’s funny, I used to be very staunch about reading one book at a time, but in the past year it’s become anathema to me. Now I usually read 2-4 books at once, usually 3.
Reading at home or everywhere?
- Oddly enough, I do most of my reading on the bus and subway because that’s where I can concentrate the most! I think it’s because I have nothing else to distract me – not my family nor the internet.
Reading out loud or silently in your head?
- I hate reading out loud; my mouth gets dry wicked fast. And my throat hurts.
Do you read ahead or skip pages?
- No way. The only time I might skim is if I’m nearing the end of a terrible book.
Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
- Breaking the spine. I’d love to keep the book looking new, but then it’s torture for me to read it that way. I’m more practical than anything, I’m afraid.
Do you write in books?
- Well, for fiction books I rarely have a reason to write in them, but I’m not against the idea! I write and highlight in my non-fiction books all the time.