Man, I’ve been MIA for a while now! I was visiting a friend for a few days, and when I got back home I realized that I was somehow already behind on schoolwork (grad school started without my knowledge). Given all that, I haven’t had very much time to be on here or to read! But I don’t want to leave this blog without a post for much longer, plus I was tagged for this meme by two people – Rachel @ paceamorelibre and Steph @ Lost Purple Quill. Which means I’m mixing up the questions!
- Put the award logo/image in your post.
- List all the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people and notify them.
- Link back to the creator of the award.
- Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.
3 things about myself
- I’m currently working full-time and enrolled in two Masters degrees simultaneously, because I am a ridiculous person. Well, actually, it’s because that just happens to be most convenient, in terms of finances and my Life Plan.
- I really want to get an MFA in Creative Writing at some point in my life. However, this would likely entail moving to the Midwest, where all the fully funded programs are, so it would just take a lot of planning and consideration.
- My favorite season used to be Winter, before I came to my senses and realized there’s really nothing that great about being freezing all the time (though I would always rather be freezing than hot, and I do love snow and Christmas!). My actual favorite season now is Fall. It’s such an aesthetic-heavy season, with all the pumpkins, hot cocoa, cinnamon, sweaters, boots…plus Halloween!
- What is your dream job?
Novelist! Or something to that effect. I’m really not a big fan of the heavily structured 9-5 routine, so pretty much anything that allows me to work creatively and/or from home would be the dream.
- If you had to live in another country for a year, where would you choose?Oh, United Kingdom, hands down. I was actually just thinking about this; I really want to live in Europe for a year, but not on the continent, in the UK. In addition to the fact that I would be comfortable speaking English, the UK is very culturally familiar. I wish I were adventurous enough to live in a non-English speaking country by myself, but that’s something I would only do with a friend or significant other (what can I say, I’m quite susceptible to loneliness and homesickness). Plus, the UK is so, so, so gorgeous and cozy.
- What’s something you used to love, but have no interest in at all now?
Anime. From the ages of 11-18 I was absolutely obsessed with anime. I watched it all the time, I read manga, I bought action figures and various other paraphernalia. Now, though, I only very occasionally watch it, if I hear about a particularly good anime (Attack on Titan, for example), but for the most part anime has a particular breed of blatant misogyny that I just can’t stomach any longer.
- Describe your ideal breakfast in detail.
This question is made for me! I love breakfast; it’s my favorite meal. On weekends, my mother cooks full Egyptian breakfasts. They consist of: ful, or fava beans, which are flavored with lemon, olive oil, salt, and cumin; taamiya, the Egyptian version of falafel, made of fava beans rather than chickpeas; and tomatoes with olive oil and feta cheese. With this I usually like to have an ice coffee and warm pita bread!
- Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
Nope! My life would be much more exciting if I did, I’m sure. I’m fascinated by the idea of ghosts and hauntings, though! I’m one of those people who loves watching reenactments of a family being haunted or readings about various supernatural things people have experienced (and trying to figure out scientific reasons for them!). Funny story: my brother is convinced ghosts exist because when we were little, living in our little one-bedroom apartment, we both saw a chair move by itself and completely freaked out. I barely remember the incident, but my brother insists it happened and that it was a ghost.
Because I’m lazy, I’m not going to tag anyone. If you do this, though, be sure to link back here so I can read your answers! Oh, and also because I’m lazy, rather than make my own questions, you should just use the mishmash I’ve got here!